(Cooking time less than 30 mins)
You will need:
- 1 Dopiaza Curry Mix
- quorn or alternative soya mince 800g – 1kg, boiled and drained
- garden peas 150g, frozen
- onion, 1 medium finely chopped
- tomato, 2 fresh medium small diced
- ginger puree, 2 tsp
- garlic puree, 1 tsp
- green chillies, 2 finely chopped
- coriander, handful fresh chopped
- lemon, ½ fresh squeezed
- sugar, ¼ tsp
- dark soya sauce, 2 tbsp
- cooking oil, 2 tbsp
- butter, knob (optional)
- cold water, splash
- Follow the Dopiaza Curry Mix packet instructions to prepare your base sauce. Place to one side
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Fry the onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and green chillies for 2 minutes on low / medium heat
- Add the Dopiaza base sauce and cook for 1 minute on high heat
- Add the soya mince, stir and place lid on pan. Cook on low / medium heat stirring occasionally for a further 5 minutes.
- Now add the peas, soya sauce and splash of cold water. Stir, add a knob of butter, squeeze of lemon juice, sugar and place lid on pan. Cook on low / medium heat stirring occasionally until all the peas are cooked through and piping hot. The curry should have a dark caramelised look with retaining a small amount of masala sauce.
- Season with further salt if required. Your Keema Curry is now ready!
- Before serving, garnish with chopped coriander and a optional sprinkle of finely chopped green chilli for an extra fresh heat
Serve with Chappati, Nan Bread, Pitta Bread or Spice Raks Pilau Rice!